Every UNL student receives one FREE nutrition counseling session. Take advantage of this opportunity! Learning to make healthy choices is vital to your health and well-being. To make your appointment, call (402) 472-5000.
What is nutrition counseling?
Our dietitian is available to help you tailor your diet to meet your personal health needs through an individualized, collaborative approach. You will not receive a strict meal plan or unrealistic advice but instead will be assisted in developing personalized strategies for developing healthy choices that will lead to improved well-being.
Most sessions include:
- Determining your nutrition goals
- Discussing healthy nutrition choices
- Planning for nutrition behavior changes (tracking nutrition choices, planning meals)
- Discussing simple, healthy recipes
Our dietitian can help you with issues such as, but not limited to:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Weight management
- Food allergies and intolerance
- Vegetarian and vegan diets
- Digestive disorders
- Disordered eating
- Meal planning tips
- General health and wellness
The following topics are typically discussed during nutrition counseling sessions:
What Healthy Eating Means
- MyPlate – Think about what goes on your plate
- Guidelines for portion sizes
- Start with small changes
- Best food facts – food faqs answered by experts
Reading Nutrition Labels
Basic Cooking Skills
Dining Hall and Dorm Room Nutrition
- Eating healthy in the dining hall faqs
- Basic tips for eating healthy in the dining halls
- Food safety for college students
Our dietitian can find you the resources you need to help you make healthy choices.