Having health insurance may be the difference between achieving your academic dreams and being sidelined by unexpected medical bills.
Don’t let this happen to you!
If you need health insurance, consider UnitedHealthcare StudentResources, the University of Nebraska’s health insurance option for students.
Here are the top five reasons you should consider enrolling:
- The on-campus benefits can’t be beat. Most medically necessary services at the University Health Center are covered at 100 percent with no deductible or coinsurance.
- It’s accepted nationwide wherever UnitedHealthcare is accepted. That way, you can easily use your insurance if you’re ever off campus.
- The low-deductible is realistic for most students’ financial situations. The annual deductible is $500 per insured person per policy year, and coinsurance is 80/20. The annual out-of-pocket maximum is $2,200 per person per policy year and the annual aggregate maximum benefit is unlimited.
- The plan includes Dental and Pharmacy. The annual dental benefits include two healthy mouth cleanings, two exams and two sets of bitewing X-rays, and a $1,000 maximum coverage per person per calendar year. Pharmacy co-pays are cheaper at the University Health Center than other pharmacies.
- The premium can be billed to your MyRed account. Pay the premium with your tuition and even use financial aid to help cover the cost.
Open enrollment for the Fall 2017 coverage period is open now and closes Sept. 5, 2017, at midnight. For enrollment instructions and more information about student insurance, visit health.unl.edu/studentinsurance.