If you’re a University of Nebraska-Lincoln student, the chances are good that you will get sick or injure yourself at least once during your academic career. If that happens, Nebraska Medicine – University Health Center can help. We are your doctor away from home!
Before your first visit, here are a few important things you’ll need to know about how to access care at UHC:
- Making an appointment is easy. Call 402.472.5000 to schedule over the phone or stop by UHC if you’re in the area. You can even schedule some return visits with our One Chart | Patient phone app. If you are too sick to wait for an appointment, walk in services are available, but we recommend making an appointment to avoid a wait.
- Bring your NUID and an insurance card with you to your appointment. A copy or picture of mom or dad’s will do just fine. If you are able, download the Medical History Form from the UHC website, print it off, fill it out and bring it with you. Remember, if you are 18 or younger, we will need parental consent or this Power of Attorney form on file for you in order to be seen. Click here for FAQs about this form.
- Arrive 20 minutes before your appointment. That way you can complete the check-in process in a timely manner so that your appointment isn’t delayed. When you walk in, a staff member will be there to greet you and answer your questions. Don’t forget to sign in if you are using patient parking! Have your ID and insurance card out and ready for when your name is called to check-in.
- If you don’t have an appointment, and need to be seen immediately, let a staff member know. They’ll inform a triage nurse who will see you as soon as possible.
- Remember, we’re more than just a medical clinic! We have a full-service pharmacy, counseling and psychological services, a dental clinic, physical therapy and more!
To learn more about our services—and which ones are free for most students—visit our website.
The University Health Center is a great resource for students, so don’t be afraid to use it if you need it. Stay healthy, Huskers!